Sunday, Oct 22

Milton Team

Milton Industries was founded in 1943 as a family business with only a handful of products and a simple idea; provide the highest quality products for our customers.

For the past 70 years, Milton has been the product of choice when it comes to pneumatic accessories. We have invented numerous industry standard products, including the classic M-Style “I/M” KWIK® Change Coupler and Plug, Window Inflator Gage, Safety Blo Guns and the iconic Driveway Signal chimes and bell. With these inventions, our portfolio has grown to over 1400 different SKU’s. These products cover a broad range of applications in various industries, such as automotive, fleet maintenance, construction, and manufacturing. To this day, Milton continues to be the industry leader in high quality pneumatic accessories and fittings, proudly living up to our heritage of superior products and reliability

Location

November 1943

Milton Price and Milton Goldish form a partnership known as 'Milton Manufacturing Company . (Ironically both were named Milton. Another interesting side note is that Milton Goldish was originally in the wholesale fruit business before he met Milton Price)

November 1943
Location

1944

Milton establishes manufacturing at 2310 Cottage Grove Ave, Chicago, IL (Located just south of present day McCormick Place)

1944
Location

1945

Milton introduces the Kwik Change M Style Coupler to the market.

1945 1945
Location

1949

Milton officially becomes incorporated and is known as the Milton Manufacturing Company Inc.

1949 1949
Location

1955

Milton receives trademark for Kwik Change

1955 1955
Location

1955

Seeing a need for more room, Milton moves to 1900 West Hubbard Street, Chicago, Il

1955-1 1955
Location

1959

Milton obtains a patent for one of its classic products - the driveway signal bell

1959 1959
Location

1962

The inflator gage with replaceable cartridge was introduced to the industry with overwhelming success

1962 1962-1 1962
Location

1968

The 1260, a long tried and true battery tester, is launched. Still selling strong after almost 50 years.

1968 1968
Location

1973

Having outgrown the Hubbard location, Milton moves into its current and larger location at 4500 W. Cortland St, Chicago, IL

1973 1973
Location

2012

Milton is acquired by a private investors and continues to build upon the strong brand name and continue to offer quality products.

2012
Location

2014

Milton undergoes a complete packaging improvement change while still retaining the easily recognized Milton logo. The new packaging look allows for more retail selling, has consistent packaging sizes based on a modular design and an updated new Milton look.

2014 2014-1 2014
Location

2015

Milton has grown to over 1,400 products from its humble beginnings over 70 years ago with a product offering of just 11 part numbers.

Launch of New Products: Hose & Reel line | Grease Gun Line | New & Improved Battery Testers and New Website and Updated Branding

2015 2015

Proud AEM Member

Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM)